Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Simple Pleasure - Pretty High Heels

 

Despite one notable crash landing, two small bunions and a few corns, I've been a lover (and a wearer) of high heels since my 13th birthday. Blame Mother. She had some dynamite shoes when I was a kid, and she could sashay across a room like nobody's business. I couldn't wait to grow up and follow suit.

And one day, I did. It was a red-letter day, indeed. Charlie's Shoe Store. Meridian, MS. The color was black and cream. Slingbacks. Tiny laces across the throat. Mother said yes, I jumped for joy, and a love affair began.

I wore my leopard high heels today (seen above), and I felt like a million bucks. Crash landings, bunions and corns? Please. Don't make me laugh. It's a small price to pay for something so pleasurable.
________________

I'm joining my twin sister at her Simple Pleasures party today. If high heels cause you more pain than pleasure, that's OK. Tell her what makes you smile. She really wants to know. :-)

10 comments:

  1. Gayle, I love your story ... Mother could sashay & always let us play with her heels ... we loved wearing them to Mass when we were 14 ... the beginning of MY love affair with heels.

    Have a lovely eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    NEW GIVEAWAY ends 4/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. My high heel wearing days are long gone! They were a must each and every day when I was working in downtown New Orleans at a large law firm. Heels and suits with short skirts! Yikes! I can't even imagine it now. I'm all about comfort. :) Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shoes are very pretty Gayle.
    Wear them in good health :-)
    blesings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this story....and now I watch my 15 yr. old doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayle,
    Love your post I can relate to those high heels wish I could wear them now ..wishing you happy feet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I remember all my high heels I wore, this sports mom of six seems to be in tennis shoes way too much...now I need to go and get a new pair of heels, how much fun. They do always make me feel younger...which is a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, sis. My heels are considerably shorter these days (I call them age appropriate .. hehe), but I will probably be buried in high-heels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful story and LOVE the shoes, aren't high heels fun?

    Enjoyed this post!!

    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I wore high heels for many years as a teacher; it was a great relief to move 'down' to the low heels. Nothing quite as pretty as those high ones, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am smiling so HUGE right now, Gayle. This is one of my favorite SPs of the whole year. I love high heels too. I pout because sometimes the fibro settles in my feet and the pain is too much to bear. But in time, I am back in my heels again and loving it.

    Yours are wonderful. My girls would love them.

    ReplyDelete