Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Old Window





 
The minute I saw it, I wanted it: An old window in an antique mall. But times were tough, so I kept walking. Out of sight; out of mind. Right?

Not a chance.

A week or so later, I visited the antique mall again. My identical twin was along for the pleasure. I strolled back to see if the old window was still there. It was. I showed it to her.

"Why don't I get it for you for your birthday?"

Our birthday was months away.

"It could be an early present. It'd look great hanging in your entryway."

I couldn't resist.

I had no idea how heavy it was, but a nice guy loaded it for me, and I managed to get it home and unloaded without breaking it or my big toe. Sadly, it sat on the floor for months and months.

A few weeks ago (after our birthday had come and gone), I finally got a handyman to come hang it for me. I couldn't be happier! It's a great conversation piece and gives the room a much warmer feel.

What do you think?
___________

Linking to Cindy's Show and Tell Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am loving this. I have an old window, actually it was a window from a church in Canada, but I have mirrors in it. I love this idea. I wish I could think of somewhere to hang mine with glass instead of windows--! Bless Dayle's heart. You guys are blessed to have one another.

    Love, D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous!Love the way it reflects the room. I am so envious of you having a twin sister to share life with. God gave you a very special blessing.
    Have a blessed day, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it.

    Hmm. I'm inspired to take my sister shopping with me. My birthday is next month. Hmmm again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving it! Perfect spot for it too. I'm here via Dayle. She can tell you the rest. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted if joined me. I'm having a giveaway too!
    www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The finished results are magnificent!!! So glad I'm your twin sister!! :)

    @ Debbie - Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete