Thursday, August 5, 2010

Date Update


OK. So my date the other night was a good one. Mr. T and I had great conversation. Lots of laughs. A few serious moments. More in common than I figured. He's much older than I am, but he has a distinguished presence about him, and, hey, the older he is, the younger I look. Ha!

I don't know if there will be Date Two, but my second dates generally bring out the interrogator in me. (If you're interested in knowing more, I blogged about it here.) One question I left out on that list is: "Are you mainly interested in having sex with me?"

Asking that question is a waste of time. Most men (regardless of age, nationality or religion) have one main focus when it comes to women and dating: How soon is too soon to hit the sack? That sounds harsh, perhaps, but it's true. Trust me. I know. It's true.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not a saint—not by a long shot—but I do desire to be upright. I do desire a man who respects himself and respects me and sees a certain sacredness in intimate relations.

I don't know if such a man exists (and I highly doubt Mr. T is one), but I won't ever find out if I bolt the front door and never exit the premises. Yes, the weeding process leaves me less than thrilled, but it is what it is, and nothing worth having is ever easily obtained.
_ _ _ _ _

P. S. Mr. T just called. Said he hasn't forgot about me. We'll have Date Two soon. I hope he's ready. Wink.

5 comments:

  1. It's a tough world out there. I'm sure you can handle Mr. T though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that date one was a good one. You're right of course, you'll never know unless you step, even cautiously, through the door.

    You're so right about men. It's what my husband tells me frequently when he discusses men in the path of his daughters.

    Too bad they can't be more like us. You know... prone to thinking about 100 different things at the same time... and talking about them as they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying up your second date...relationship #1 does care about relationship #2 for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you're such a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ready to be "not ready."

    heehee

    ;)

    ReplyDelete