Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Simple Pleasures - Daydreams



After a tiring day at work, I light some candles and submerge myself in a tub of hot, soapy water.

While Tony Bennett croons in the background, I close my eyes and pretend to be on an exotic island somewhere with no cares, no aches, no responsibilities and no needs. Just me, clear blue waters and sugar white sand.

Of course, Mr. Right comes strolling along at some point, looking hotter than grass fires in July, and, of course, he can't take his eyes off me, and of course, we sit and watch the sunset together and drink lemonade and marvel at the magic between us and wonder how we ever lived without each other and....

Ah, daydreams. Don't you just love 'em?
_____________

I'm linking to my twin sister's Simple Pleasures party.
Click on over. I'd love to hear yours.



Project Simple Pleasures2

10 comments:

  1. That was cute, Gayle. Nice written images. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy a daydream now and then. May yours come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your "Simple Pleasure" bubbles! The one you blew and the ones on your toes.
    By the way, cute toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sooooo miss being able to take baths...LOVE your bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm dating myself here, but I'm reminded of the song "Daydream Believer". As Dayle said, I hope your dreams come true.

    The bubbles look so relaxing.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a bubble bath in ages, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I most certainly DO! I couldn't get to sleep most nights without a fantastic adventure of the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last time I enjoyed a bath like that was when I was in Cabo and my hubby was Mr. Right watching tv on the other side of the suite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love baths--and enjoy looking at the sky from mine....I don't do the bubbles however---I wonder if it would keep the tub cleaner?? Ha...now that is not as romantic a thought. oh ho, I thought you were your sister and that you just had another blog, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, this is Nick from the DaySpring Affiliate Program. After looking over your blog, I think you might be a good fit for our program. You can learn all the details here or email me with any questions you may have.

    ReplyDelete