Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Her Kisses


Over the weekend, I unearthed my "big" camera--the one I got just before digital became all the rage--and headed to the nearby arboretum to take pics of my daughter and her hearthrob. Later that evening, as I scanned the developed prints onto my computer, my daughter sat beside me, anxious to put them in an album on Facebook.

As most of you know, scanning isn't the fastest process on the planet, and occasionally, while the scanner grunted and groaned, doing its thing, my daughter leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. Each time, my heart skipped a beat, and I thanked our Creator for allowing me to be her mom. No matter how old she gets, she's still my "baby," and her kisses light up my world.


tuesdays unwrapped at cats

6 comments:

  1. Gayle this is lovely. You have a beautiful daughter.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate to this. You thought as a mom that nothing could be sweeter than baby kisses.
    Then, they grew up, and those grown up kisses surpass them all.

    And BTW, what a LOVELY young woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous girl you have, and she loves her mama! You do have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is beautiful and she certainly looks like you!

    ReplyDelete