Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped

I woke up yesterday morning singing a song that my enormously gifted friend Geron Davis wrote: "In The Presence of Jehovah." It had been awhile since I woke up singing. It felt really good. An unexpected gift from the Giver of good things.

I didn't see the Giver, but he was in the room. As the music played over and over in my head, I layed still and let him soothe my weary mind.

Tears fell.

Troubles vanished.

Strength was found.

God is all that really matters, you know. The kind of car you drive, how big your house is or how much money you have in the bank--none of that really matters. It's all temporal. You can't take it with you when you die.

Why, then, do we strive so hard for it all?

Why? ♦

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

3 comments:

  1. Ah. The Giver of Good and Perfect Gifts. When we search for joy in any other than Him we are wasting our lives. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wise woman with your wise questions. Too often I fall into the trap of yearning for more material things. Thanks for reminding me that I can't take any of it with me, except for love for God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, my dear friend, so right.

    ReplyDelete