Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped

Occasionally, I wonder if my life has had eternal value to anyone. I've been lots of places and done lots of things. I've been honored to meet and minister to thousands along the King's Highway. But have I really made a difference? Have I?

And then, out of the blue, I'll get a message on Facebook from somebody like Judy—whom I don't even know. Judy tells me that she has listened to and been blessed by my music through the years. She asks if any of my albums were made into CDs.

No, I tell her, they weren't.

What about cassettes?

Cassettes, I can do...if I have any, of course. (That was 100 years ago, after all.)

After a bit of stuff shuffling, I find a few extra cassettes, tucked away in a keepsake box in a dresser drawer. I'll be mailing them to Judy this week. Judy is proof, yet again, that nothing done in His name is ever wasted. That seeds planted on good soil can't be contained.

Thank you, Judy. My heart is full. ♦

"Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days," Ecclesiastes 11:1.
__________

I'm celebrating the "small" things at Emily's blog for Tuesdays Unwrapped.
tuesdays unwrapped at cats

4 comments:

  1. How good of God to send someone to encourage you while you were encouraging them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely have your music on here somewhere. I'd love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For reasons that I can't express, your blog is the second one to minister to me in a specific way this morning.

    Thank you.
    Thank you.

    And I agree that your music would be a lovely blog addition.

    ReplyDelete