Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rambling About Much of Nothing

Another goregous day in the neighborhood. Not too hot. Not too cold. As Goldilocks would say: Just right.

I was awakened at dawn by my daughter's new puppy. It was the briefest of whines, but once you have "mother ears," you never lose them. Seems a bird with a loud (and weird) call had scared her. He scares me, too, on occasion. Not sure how God chose bird calls, but some around my house are totally spooky.

Made another trip to the arboretum yesterday. My twin and I didn't take it all in on Monday, so we returned for another look. Everywhere my eyes fell, I saw evidence of God. Breathtaking beauty...and some of it for such brief seasons. Oh, how he loves you and me.

Next month, I will have been unemployed for one year. What a journey it's been, and continues to be. I've applied for well over 100 jobs. Never have I been in such a stagnant hiring enviroment. I have exceptional skills, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Nevertheless, my faith, family and friends have been pillars of strength. God is still good, still faithful and still all I need.

I think a nice stroll might be in order. Til we meet again, fellow bloggers, toodle-loo. 

1 comment: