Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring On My Front Door

In the spring of 2007, a house wren built a nest in my door wreath. Despite our daily goings and comings, she laid three eggs, hatched them and all the baby birdies eventually flew. It was quite exciting. Clicking on the pictures makes them larger.

Here's a picture of her perfect little castle.

 Look carefully among the straw, and you'll see her head sticking out. It's almost in the center of the picture.

 Here are two birdies with their beaks open, waiting for a worm.

For more exciting things, click over to Cindy's Show and Tell. You never know what you'll find.

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! And, may I add that as soon as I click publish my comment, I will become a follower of yours.

    My show n tell is HERE. I do hope you can find time to stop by and visit me. I'd love your company.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how amazing is that! She sure did pick a pretty home for her nest:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing sight that would be! A beautiful wreath filled with the life of springtime! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a special gift you received that year! My kids would so love to have a real nest in our yard to watch!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely Bee-You-Tee-Full! What a great post! I dropped in from "My Romantic Home" and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wow! How cool!


    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it!I need to change my wreath, and this inspires me to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it a great feeling to know that your wreath hatched a sweet little family? Hope she comes back this year.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete