Thursday, February 18, 2010
Foodie Friday - Lemon Pound Cake
• 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
• 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding and pie filling
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
3. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Directions: In a small mixing bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Drizzle over the cake. Store in the refrigerator.