Thursday, February 18, 2010

Foodie Friday - Lemon Pound Cake

I am joining Michael today at Designs by Gollum for the 1st Anniversary of Foodie Friday. I'm a certified lemon nut, and this pound cake recipe is so simple and so scrumptious. If you need some new inspiration in your kitchen, click on the link above and be inspired.


LEMON POUND CAKE:

• 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
• 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding and pie filling
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.

2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.

3. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.

ICING:

• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

Directions: In a small mixing bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Drizzle over the cake. Store in the refrigerator.

7 comments:

  1. Your cake looks wonderful. I looked at your profile. What an interesting life you have had and lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word!!! This looks real good. I'm for sure copying this recipe to make.

    thanks for sharing. Happy Foodie friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle (I like your name)....Your cake looks splendid!! I love lemon and any cake I can make in a bundt pan is a winner to me. Your blog is lovely :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom used to make this -- it's amazing! might have to do that soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am getting ready for a dessert like this with berries thrown on top! In the garden! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete