Friday, February 12, 2010

Foodie Friday - Chocolate Cobbler

Valentine's Day isn't complete without chocolate. This recipe is simple to make, and impossible to resist. I am joining Michael today at Designs by Gollum for my first Foodie Friday.


CHOCOLATE COBBLER

1/2 stick Oleo
3/4 c. sugar (can be adjusted to individual taste)
1/2 c. milk
1 c. self-rising flour
2 T. cocoa
1 dash salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt oleo in 8x8 baking dish. Mix flour, sugar, salt and cocoa in a bowl, stirring in milk and vanilla. Mix well and pour into 8x8 dish with oleo. Batter will be rather thick. DO NOT stir.

Topping:
3/4 c. sugar (can be adjusted to individual taste)
2 T. cocoa
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 c. HOT water

Mix sugar and cocoa in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over batter. Top with pecans and pour hot water over the batter. DO NOT stir. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
____________

For more delectable Valentine's Day recipes, visit "Foodie Friday."

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like one of those old recipe. I haven't seen Oleo called for in a recipe for a long time.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want some!!! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses are gorgeous and your Chocolate Cobbler looks yummy! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, doesn't that look GOOD!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh...this sounds decadent. Thanks for the recipe. I'll need to give this one a try..with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!!! you got me what the word chocolate, any recipe with chocolate is a must try in my book.
    I have become a follower of your blog, come by and visit maybe you can do the same. I'm also having a GREAT!!! giveaway, so lease enter.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete